This department was set up in order to propose and create Guidelines and Frameworks of IT standards for effective governance.
- All initiated framework for IT should be completed within one year of initiation.
- Initiate the process of determining and developing standards for Information Technology in Nigeria (including eGovernment and the process for domesticating global standards).
- Develop guidelines for IT services and practices yearly.
- Develop regulatory policies and regulations governing IT practice in Nigeria.
- Draft compliance framework for set standards, guidelines and regulations.
- Review of guidelines from any department or unit of NITDA.
- Develop frameworks in line with NITDA’s mandate and Roadmap.
- Run a Help Desk (Customer Service Centre) for NITDA’s consumer protection.
- Collaboration with other relevant Agencies on Consumer Protection.
- Dispute Management and Resolution.
- Sensitization of consumers on ICT products and solutions.
- Operate an engagement platform for IT companies and consumers to enhance better service delivery.